The SOE Symposium is the destination event for engineers responsible for inspection, maintenance and management of:
- Fixed and mobile process and power plant
- Light and heavy vehicles
- Building services
- Lifting gear
- Environmental engineering
Engineers across all sectors must be engaged with and ready for change. Connectivity is a huge part of this, as the digital transformation sweeps across and transforms industry. It’s a topic that engineers should be talking about, across all sectors. SOE’s Symposium 2019 will engage with this transformation, asking what has changed, and where next.
Already data from sensors reveals a wealth of operational intelligence on plant and machinery. But the question is how do engineering managers harness this and use it to improve outcomes for preventative maintenance, condition monitoring and safety?
The next stage of developments in data management for engineering will pave the way to artificial intelligence and autonomous vehicles. We need to ask how will the growth these interconnected systems change how industry works? What are the benefits, but also what are the consequences that need to be mitigated?
Engineers need to learn a new set of skills to manage and control these new systems that use information technology. The SOE Symposium will assemble experts from industry, research institutes and academia to introduce, explain, and encourage debate on connectivity and data, and how they impact operations engineering.
- Hear examples of how connectivity is enabling major improvements across maintenance and repair
- The day is a best practice forum, designed to maximise engagement and learning
- The day is CPD approved, worth 8 hours
- Learn the latest thinking and standards relating to safe, sustainable engineering
- Take part in one of the specialist engineering streams, adding specific knowledge relevant to your role:
- Commercial vehicle technology
- Fixed plant operation and maintenance
- Risk, safety, and engineering competence
- Join in the panel sessions, discussing a range of connectivity issues, plus the benefits of professional registration
- Network with 200 likeminded and engaged engineers, discussing the future and present of engineering while making valuable contacts
We look forward to you joining us for this conversation.